Monday, May 25, 2009

Smiling in the Southwest :)


I can't even begin to describe what this trip has done for Nicole and I. Of course it has been fun (you should check facebook, Nik has put up a lot of cool pictures), but that's not really what I'm talking about.

Time to rest. Time to think. Time for a long breakfast. Time to hike. Time to reflect. Time to pray. Time to feel in awe (well, that's all the time). Time to sleep in. Time to be in the moment. Time to forget deadlines. Time to appreciate everything. Time to be cleansed. Time to be refreshed. Time to take walks. Time to truly live out making God the dominating focus of my life.

I don't know why people don't do this more - take trips and get away. But I'm not talking about 1 week; like a real trip, 2 weeks minimum. The perspective you get on life...how can it not be worth it? I can already hear the excuses out there - "Well I can't b/c of this and that." I'm sure there are some valid ones out there (always an exception) but the truth is you can't afford not to!

Fresh ideas about career. Fresh ideas about living. Fresh ideas about life. Renewed centered-ness. Excited about life.

All this, has left us smiling in the Southwest :P

Nikki & David

2 comments:

Elicia said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip for the two of you!

Lindsey said...

Very cool! Makes me want to go on a long trip :)